The holiday season is here – and I love this time of year. It’s a wonderful time to reflect and show gratitude and appreciation for the things and people that have been gifted to us throughout our years.
I love to give (and receive) – but I always have the hardest time deciding what to give to my husband. Another Pittsburg Penguins Hockey Jersey? A new Bose speaker so he can shake our house when listening to his 80’s music? A book filled of IOUs?
Although I probably will get him one of those things – this year I want to do something extra special for him.
Before I fill you in on the Perfect [FREE] Holiday Gift for your spouse – I want to talk to you about two little things that make a BIG difference in your relationships & life…
GRATITUDE & APPRECIATION
Did you know that being in a state of gratitude is scientifically proven to:
- Improve physical health
- Help you form better relationships
- Improves psychological health
- Increases happiness and reduces depression
- Enhances empathy & reduces aggression
- Helps you sleep better
- Improves your self-esteem
- Reduces stress and builds resilience
You can get all these benefits just from writing down things you are grateful for every day! Take a step further and get your family involved. Every morning – I ask my children for 3 things they are grateful for.
(Side note: My 3-year old often replies with some type of food or bodily function & my more philosophical 5-year old daughter often replies with saying she’s grateful for her heart, love or a family member or friend)
Now, what if you could harness your daily gratitude and send it to your spouse as a form of appreciation?
“The deepest principle of human nature is a craving to be appreciated.” – William James, Philosopher
Imagine all the benefits you, your partner and your relationship will receive from this one action of sharing your gratitude. The possibilities are endless.
This holiday season – I’m challenging you to do just that!
Here’s how it works:
- Download & Print this free “I’m Grateful for You…” Booklet that I had designed just for you (available in 3 different colors!)
- Each day (for 21-days) write down (or draw) one thing that you appreciate about your spouse
- Once you’ve filled all 21-days, wrap up the “I’m Grateful for You” book and give the PERFECT HOLIDAY Gift to your partner (or scan in the pages and send to a Kinkos, Staples or another printing shop to create a nice booklet for you)
Simple, Fun & A Game Changer…
I wish each of you a happy, healthy, sexy and fun holiday season!
Remember, ACTION CREATES CHANGE. I would love to hear what action you are taking to create change, comment below and I’ll make sure to reply back to personally!
Valerie Kolick, therapist and relationship expert has created this blog to help couples and individuals create happiness and joy in their marriages and lives. If this is your first time here, LEARN MORE here and don’t forget to Download Your FREE Extraordinary Relationship Workbook.