I am a huge believe in gratitude. I know that it can make a huge difference in our lives, relationships, career and overall happiness.
Here are some of the amazing benefits of receiving gratitude in your life:
- Gratitude improves well-being more than doubling you income
- Those who practice gratitude are well-liked and have better relationships
- Gratitude helps to improve sleep and lower stress and anxiety
- Gracious people are more likely to exercise and eat healthier
- Gratitude improves overall happiness!
How can you start showing more gratitude today? Here are a couple of my favorite ideas:
1. Text your spouse/partner/best friend 5 things you are grateful for each morning. Ask them to reciprocate!
2. Write down 5 things that you are grateful for about yourself each day
3. Donate or give to another - being thankful that you have something (time, money, love) to give
4. E-mail a different friend, colleague or family member each day reminding them why you are grateful for them
5. Tell your children what you are grateful for and have them tell you what they are grateful for
6. Pray or meditate and thank God for all you have and are
Can you think of some more ideas? Let me know in the comments below!
Until next time!
"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others" - Cicero